Friday, February 3, 2012

I love me a good "H"

One of the first things I pinned on Pinterest was a hemp wrapped letter like this. I purchased the supplies back in December. A hot glue gun, a roll of hemp and a cardboard "H" from Joann's.

I did not have a hot glue gun so I picked up this Mini. Beware: this project used ALOT of glue and you will likely burn your fingers.


I started by wrapping my "H" vertically. I started wrapping thinking this project would take maybe 2 hours or so from start to finish. WRONG. The wrapping took forever! I just ran a bead of hot glue every few inches to ensure the hemp stayed in place.

Because I was going crazy with all the wrapping, I left the project on my dining room table and wrapped a little each night. After wrapping vertically, I began wrapping horizontally. When wrapping horizontally I did all four legs of the "H" first before wrapping the connecting middle. Here she is all wrapped up.


It should be noted that you may think you can get away with one ball of hemp but you should just buy two. Otherwise you may end up getting within an inch of being done and run out of string, forcing an impromptu trip to Joann's. Yes, this happened. Yes, I was kicking myself for cutting corners.
If you can find a roll greater than 400 ft, you will get away with one roll!


Onto the Rosette making. I think these are so fun! I bought three pieces of felt for a total of 75 cents! I cut a quarter of each sheet to make these three different colored Rosettes.(Side note: totally thinking of making some rosettes to attach to headbands with the remaining felt).Cut in a circle and keep going until you are left with this:


Begin wrapping the felt back up, like this:

And you will be left with this:

Now my inspiration picture had a cut ribbon near the Rosettes, I tried this as well but it looked too busy on the "H". So i just stuck with the three Rosettes. I am not going to lie, I LOVE the finished product!
Pardon my "desperately in need of paint" front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code