Sunday, September 30, 2012

1980's Kitchen Makeover

Way back here, I mentioned that my parents finally got around to updating their kitchen. Over the years, they had gotten new counters, appliances ( as they broke), and added a backsplash but everything else is original to the house when the built it back in 1987.




Since they already had granite counters they liked,they were able to salvage them and simple buy a matching Santa Cecilia slab for the new additions. They also upgraded to all new stainless steel Samsung appliances, ripped out the drop lighting and got rid of the peninsula. They salvaged the backsplash as they still liked it and it is pretty neutral. The flooring was replaced with "wood" tile planks that I LOVE! And the best part... the new cabinets!












This is my dad's docking station for ipad, phones etc. 
The photos make everything appear more orange than in real life! The kitchen looks double the size with the removal of the peninsula. The added a build in table instead along with a docking station. They also added a granite sink which I think looks great and breaks up the steel.

Luckily, my dad was able to do a lot of the work himself which saved them a TON! All the cabinets were ordered from Lowe's and my dad did the install. He also did all the electrical work and installed the crown. I painted. They hired someone to rip out the old tile and granite and install the new.

While it may not be 100% my style, I think it looks fantastic and is such a huge improvement over the "before". What do you think?

Speaking of kitchens... I still owe a backspash update on my own kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code