Sunday, December 25, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 25

Merry Christmas!!!
This was Merry's last night with us. She left Charlotte a note on  her door explaining she had left with Santa that evening while she was sleeping.

 We then showed Charlotte this picture of Santa at our tree and told her that Merry left in his bag to go back to the North Pole.
 Our Advent Activity today was to bake a birthday cake for baby Jesus. I have to brag on our Church for a moment. Our MOPS group gave us cake mix and candle to bake the cake. We did not have services Christmas morning because they wanted us to spend time with our families. BUT at Christmas Eve service, they sent us home with suggested readings and communion to take with our family at home Christmas morning. Charlotte is only three but I loved having family time and having Tim read us the birth of Jesus. It might be a new family tradition!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 24

Before bedtime, I asked Charlotte where she thought Merry would go tonight. She said she thought Merry would go into her room and sure enough that's where she ended up. She was on the shelf above Charlotte's bed. Sidenote: I had this bear made with the outfit I took Charlotte home from the hospital in.

Our Advent Activity today was to leave cookies out for Santa. I LOVE Christmas Eve. We took both kids to Christmas Eve service at our church, went out to dinner and came home to get ready for Santa's arrival: We put out the Santa key, sprinkle reindeer food out in the grass and get the cookies and milk ready. Having kids really does make this season so much more magical.

Friday, December 23, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 23

Merry wrapped up our Christmas Tree in toilet paper while we were sleeping. Brayden clearly was amused!

Our Advent Activity today was a mommy-daughter movie. We watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas in "mam's bed" which is something she enjoys. She was a little scared of the Grinch but overall she enjoyed it.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 22

Silly Merry was found inside our fruit snack container this morning. This also meant that Charlotte did not get a fruit snack yesterday. Luckily, she handled it well...  I think because she knew we couldn't touch Merry.

Our Advent Activity was to deliver Christmas Card to our neighbors. Simple but enjoyed by the Toddler :)

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 21

This was actually something I saw on facebook and happened to find some Skittles in the pantry from Halloween. All you do is line some Skittles up on a plate and pour some hot water over them. The water melts the Skittles enough for the dye to run off and make a rainbow.

No picture of today's Advent activity because it was a simple one... Listen to Christmas Music. Charlotte has a few favorites right now: We Wish you a Merry Christmas, Jungle Bells and Rudolpf.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 20

This morning, Merry was found next to a picture she drew of herself, Charlotte and Brayden. Charlotte woke up and said "Look she made me"!

Our Advent activity today was to go to the Botanical Gardens. This is our 4th year going making it somewhat of a tradition. However, I am thinking we might take a break for a while. The lights are nice but its the same every year and the kids got bored this year. Tim and I have recently discussed how kids aren't into Christmas lights like we were growing up. They are so overstimulated but everything else that lights aren't appealing anymore. Kind of sad!

Monday, December 19, 2016

Advent/ Elf Day 19

Somehow our Elf knew that Charlotte has a love for band-aids. Merry raided our medicine cabinet and covered herself and the avocados with C's Dory band-aids.

Last weekend, we let Charlotte go to the mall and pick out a present for her brother. She picked out some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse figurines. Today's advent activity was to wrap the gift. While she needed a LOT of help, she enjoyed cutting and using the tape. It didn't turn out half as bad as I was expecting.