Saturday, November 24, 2012

No Soliciting

A few weeks back, I posted a "No soliciting" quote I came across on facebook. Well... Tim and I both loved it so much, that we tracked down an Etsy seller, American at Heart, who made a sign with the phrase on it.

It came about a two weeks ago but since we were planning on hanging it outside, we needed to add two coats of polyurethane before exposing it to the elements. So I set up my painting station (an upside down trashcan in the front yard) and set to work.

I actually used the same can of poly I used for the Name Sign I made earlier this year along with a foam roller.
I applied one very thin layer along the front and all four sides. After about an hour in the sun, I applied the second coat. I let it dry outside the remainder of the day.

The poly was satin finish so it added a little bit of sheen but nothing too dramatic.  The next day, it went to its new home, right over the doorbell.
Two of the three dogs were quite curious as to what I was doing! 



Now, I am not sure if it will actually deter solicitors but it should spark some interesting comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code