Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Front Yard Makeover Part 2

After my original battle with the City I mentioned in this post, I had a REALLY hard time finding a Palm on their "approved tree list" that was less than $2k just for the tree. I called the City several times and no one ever got back to me. So honestly, I left things looking like this a little longer than we had intended too.


Finally, I decided to plant a tree on their list but it did not meet the size requirements. I went to a local nursery and purchased a Large Triple Robellini Palm and picked out several other plants to compliment it. Due to the size of the Palm, I decided to go ahead and hire the nursery staff to go ahead and install everything.
 Lucky for us, we had a HUGE rain storm after they got done planting that day. We were able to center the new plants and transplant the sod to the circle area where the tree use to be. Everything filled in really well and we had quite the weekend transformation on the front yard!


Part of me loved having the tree in the front.  I always thought we would hang a swing there for Charlotte. But this makes things so much easier! Tim was spending so much time each weekend raking and cleaning the front patio. We couldn't let the dogs out front because of the all the acorns (they try to eat them)! Overall, we are really happy with the way things look now. The best part was all the plants and the install cost me just under $900!! Way better then my original $1700 estimate.

Oh and the best news... I requested an inspection from the City and passed:)

1 comment:

  1. The palm tress that you planted really brought out the garden's beauty. Everything is placed perfectly and goes really well with the overall look of your patio. You have a great eye for landscaping. I hope you take the hobby further. All the best! :)

    Sam Lucas @ Green Collar

    ReplyDelete

End of code