Monday, May 11, 2015

Harrigan Update

Obviously, I have been updating a lot about the progress on our house. I have kind of brushed over some of the other exciting things that have been going on around here lately.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we are expecting baby #2. Before Charlotte was born, Tim and I honestly weren't sure if we wanted more than one kid. Pretty much as soon as we got home from the hospital with Charlotte, we knew we wanted a second baby. I am an only child and Tim and his brother are quite a few years apart. We thought 2 years apart sounded perfect for our family. Shortly after Charlotte's first birthday, we decided to try for a second. We found out the first week of December that I was pregnant!

The first 10 weeks or so were rough. I wasn't "sick" but very queasy and very tired. Dealing with that, work and chasing a toddler during the holidays was difficult and I was so thankful to get some relief. We held off on telling our parent's until after my first OB appointment. It was SO hard to keep it a secret over Christmas!

I definitely started showing MUCH earlier this time around. I took out the maternity clothes at 14 weeks and have been enjoying my maternity pants ever since. We were really on the fence about if we wanted to have an elective gender ultrasound this time around. Mainly, the cost of doing so. Ultimately, curiosity got the best of us and we scheduled an appointment without telling anyone art 16 weeks, 5 days. I thought we were having another little girl and had a name all picked out. Tim and my mom also thought it was going to be another girl. My pregnancies were pretty similar at that point and I kept having dreams about two little girls. When we went in for our ultrasound, the tech said "first impression is it is a girl"... a few minutes in he said " I am going to change my mind on that, you are definitely having a boy"! Tim was ecstatic, I was going to happy regardless!

We went that evening and bought some "It's a boy" balloons and told our parents who are SO excited we will have one of each. This is the picture we posted on facebook.
I had an anatomy scan at 20 weeks to confirm gender ( along with other important developmental milestones). I was SO nervous. The first thing the tech says... "so you are having another girl" immediately followed by " Oh wait, its a BOY".  Apparently, our little guy is just a little shy at first :)

We have decided to name him Brayden and have started working on his nursery. We are both excited and nervous. I think the nervous part is more about how Charlotte will react and how that period of transition will go. I know its normal to feel that way so I try not to let the anxiety get to me too much!

I have been feeling great and am just hoping that will last through the summer! I am now 26 week a long and will likely be a repeat C-section at 39-weeks. I feel a bit guilty about not doing weekly posts with this pregnancy like I did for Charlotte. I am taking weekly belly pictures and posting on Instagram. It is SO much harder to be consistent with things when you already have a toddler running around. I am going to post about Brayden's nursery in the upcoming weeks because it is starting to look AMAZING :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code