Thursday, November 19, 2015

Share Meal Ideas

I am late in writing this considering our last produce share is gone and we are picking up again this Friday. But we tried some new meals this go round- one of the best things about the share it makes me think outside the box and come up with new meals to incorporate the produce. This was our last share:

Apples: It is hard to tell from the picture but we got a bad of the smallest apples EVER. I am talking 3 bites and its gone small. While I had no idea how we were going to use these, Charlotte has been loving them. I washed them all and put them in the fruit bin in the fridge and she helps herself. They are perfect for a toddler!

Cauliflower: We used it to make Cauliflower rice fish taco bowls. This is a meal we have had before but it has been SO long that I had forgotten about it. Our cauliflower made quite a bit of rice so we actually had enough to make beans and "rice" for lunch the next day.
Broccoli: Although not healthy AT ALL we added broccoli to this recipe for Crockpot Pierogi casserole. I knew I was going to have a late night at work and needed something that would be ready when I walked in.

Kale, tomatoes and mushrooms- I had a butternut squash at home that needed to be used which I roasted. I also had some cooked sausage crumbles leftover. I sautéed the kale, mushrooms and tomatoes with onions and garlic. Scooped out and mixed in the cooked squash and sausage crumbles. Loaded everything back into the squash, topped with cheese and broiled for a few minutes. Tim and I both loved this meal. Its weird that often the most "thrown together" meals turn out the best. I will definitely be making this again!
Pears and grapefruit: Breakfast staples for me. I have been obsessed with pear and brie quesadillas. I use whole wheat tortillas, a pear, some brie and a dash of cinnamon. I press it together and eat it with one of the grapefruits from the share for an easy breakfast.

Red Peppers: One of my "easy" go meals is chicken fajita bake. I don't follow the spices exactly as listed here ( we like more kick) but here is a general idea. The nice things it is we typically both get dinner and a lunch for the next day out of this meal. Lunch is usually served over a salad versus on a tortilla.

The persimmons STILL are not ripe! I have been reading up on them and they are supposed to be delicious but the key is to wait till they are ripe. I have them stored properly and am waiting for them to soften!

Looking forward to a new week of ideas to plan out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code