Saturday, January 26, 2013

Random Updates

-About a month ago, I was approached about a promotion at work. I was asked to take on two additional programs. Tim and I had a long talk about what this would mean workload wise. We want to start our family soon and didn't want my job to prevent that from happening. My supervisor was very supportive and let me give input on how I would like my role to change and adjusted my job description accordingly. So I agreed to take on the new programs but will no longer be required to carry a caseload or do any field work. A GREAT compromise, if you ask me! I started my new role 12/31. So far, it has been fairly easy to manage the increased demands. I have been in the process of hiring which takes a lot of time and energy but is only temporary.

- I have been crafting secret projects for the past month that I can't wait to share. I am co-hosting a baby shower for my sweet friend, Lee Anne, at my house in February. Being the overly ambitious person that I am, I decided to hand make all the decorations for the party. My poor fingers are covered in hot glue burns and x-acto cuts...totally worth it though! 

- I DESPISE cleaning glass shower doors. It's probably my least favorite household task. We have hard water here so its a nightmare to keep clean. Well, one of my friends  pinned a Martha Stewart cleaner on Pinterest and I decided to give it a try. Check out the end result...looks brand new, right?
1 cup baking soda, a few drops of Lemon essential oil, and 1 tbsp Dr. Bronner's almond liquid soap. Add enough water to make it into a paste. I applied a thick layer to the shower doors with a old rag and let it sit for a while. Then I rinsed it off with water. Lastly, I wiped it down with vinegar and squeegeed it off. Then on went a coat of Rainx... we will see how long it stays clean. I have been making Tim squeegee after each shower... he is not too happy about that!

- The "Basketball court" reno continues. Honestly, they have not gotten as far as I imagined they would. I took the dogs to my parents for three days so they workers did not have to hear their incessant barking. Its crazy how much we missed them! So glad they are back at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code