Monday, January 14, 2013

Simple Art Project

I was once again inspired by Pinterest to take on this simple art project. I have been looking for bathroom art for quite a while now and always seem to come up empty handed. I saw a pin from Two Girls Being Crafty and decided to give it a try. It was relatively inexpensive so if it didn't turn out it wouldn't be a huge loss!

My supplies consisted of a  12 x 16 canvas ( on sale for $4.99)

 Some acrylic craft paints ( 49- 99 cents each)
 And various size sponge dabbers ( 2.49 after 50% off coupon)
 First I used a brown acrylic paint pen to draw my branches. I decided to keep my canvas vertical because of the narrow wall space in our master bathroom.

Then I used the various dabbers to add the dots in the different colored paints. This is what it looked like after one coat. Good, but I had a lot of the white canvas showing through on some of the paint colors.  I decided to add another coat the following night.
This is what it looks like now, after the second coat of paint.
I am really pleased with the way it came out! Not bad for under $10, huh? Bathroom art accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code