Sunday, February 24, 2013

Butterfly Baby Shower- Decorations

This will be my final post on the baby shower. It was two months in the making and I am really pleased  with the way everything turned out.  Since Lee Anne's nursery theme is Butterflies, we wanted to carry that over into the shower. I search Pinterest and Etsy for various invitations that could be customized for a baby shower. I narrowed it down to three and then let Lee Anne choose. We ultimately ended up purchasing this party pack from Pixels N Ink's Etsy shop. Melanie, the owner,  was VERY helpful and offered suggestions on wording since Lee Anne did not want to disclose the baby name at the shower. I would highly recommend purchasing from her! 

We printed everything on card stock with the exception of the candy bar labels ( we just used regular computer paper for that). Every night while watching TV, I would sit with my cutting mat and X-acto knife, cutting everything down to size. There are several different ways to construct the banners. I originally purchased brads and then thought about using the double sided tape method. Ultimately, I used ribbon and a regular old hole punch ( as demonstrated here) to hang the banners.


The party pack also came with several "signs" ( Food, drinks, gifts, etc). I planned on using 4 of the 6 signs in the pack. I just purchased $1 8X10 frames from the Dollar Tree. They only came in black so I simply sprayed them either white or pink to go with the corresponding sign.


This punch was AWESOME! Recipe found here
The gift bags were also fairly simple. I purchased small gift bags in mint and pale pink at Iparty. They were on sale for .53 cents each. I also picked up some hot pink tissue paper. Our party pack came with "Thank You" tags. I simply used my 2-inch punch to cut them to size and attached them to the front of the bags using glue dots. Inside the bags went..chocolate bars, hand sanitizers, mints and a homemade pink and green cake pop.



As for games, we played two free games I found online. First we played a game called "Baby Sweets". Someone reads out a common pregnancy word ( ie: Baby Giggles) and the guests have to come up with a candy for that particular phrase. So the answer in this case was "Snickers". The prize? You guessed it. A snickers. We played this with about 10 different candies.

The second game is a free online printable Celebrity Baby Name Game. Its was harder than we thought for most of the guests. I think the most anyone got right was seven. In sticking with our theme, First place got a Butterfly Plug and Sweet pea air freshener from Bath and Body Works.

The last little thing I put together for the shower I used both as a decoration and a gift. I know that the "monthly onesie stickers" are very popular. Well I wanted to do a clothes like type of decoration at the shower. So I decided to combine the two. I found this adorable monthly onesie printable ( for FREE). I mirror imaged the numbers and printed them on transfer paper. I then purchased 12 onesies and adhered the decals onto the onesies. I hung three up at the shower and wrapped the remaining as a gift for the mom-to-be.
A few other pictures from the shower I wanted to share before wrapping up. We actually ordered this cake from Sam's Club and they customized it to our theme for no additional cost. It was only around $17 for half a sheet... it was both beautiful and delicious!

I used the labels in the party pack to label the food ( types of sandwiches, dressing etc). 

The water bottle labels...Call me a ditz but I struggled with this one. I made water bottles for my wedding and purchased the expensive water bottle labels you print on and adhere. To keep costs down, I didn't want to order more supplies. Then it hit me...Contact paper. I picked up one roll at the Dollar Tree. I cut the contact paper slightly larger then my label(again just printed on card stock) to form a water proof seal when adhered to the bottle. Worked out perfectly... no leaking and the labels stayed attached!
I just got this "cooler " of sorts with a Chrsitmas gift card and coupon to Pier One!

I promise this is the last Baby Shower post... I think I have over shared enough for everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code