Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pool Party 1st Birthday Party

The day before Charlotte's official birthday, we held her party at my parent's house. I have been planning for quite some time to have a Pool Party Theme. I had been "pinning" things for MONTHS!

I ended up purchasing a party package on Etsy that included the bulk of the decorations I would need for the party. I used ForeverYourPrints and was really pleased with their products and promptness. I had everything printed at Staples and then cut/ assembled everything myself.

I kept everything in the pink/yellow/ blue color scheme. I ordered a bunch of beach balls to hang over the food table.


Speaking of food... I tried to keep things within my theme. Somehow it didn't turn out quite as good as the Pinterest counterparts!
 




Her cake was from Publix. When we took her for her smashcake session, she HATED cake so I wasn't sure how it would go at her party. While she didn't LOVE it, she tolerated it much better than she did during her photoshoot!




For favors, I had beachball cake pops made by Pop Goes the Party. I then added individual bags and tags to each one, thanking everyone for coming to her party.



I also ordered a 1st Birthday Chalkboard print from Lilly La Manch on Etsy. Staples was able to print this in an 11 X 14 for around $5. I got the frame for cheap at Joann's and we have actually been able to use it for several other projects already!

Aside from the party, our gift to her was an "Anywhere chair" from Pottery Barn Kids. She took right to it and continues to use it on a daily basis!  She LOVED opening up gifts :)



It's amazing how fast her first year went by! I feel so blessed to be this little girls momma!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code