Monday, June 25, 2012

My favorite kind of day

Today was productive both on the work and home front. Due to the crazy weather, my supervisor allowed me to work from home. It's amazing how much more I get done when I work from home without the distractions of the phone and people "popping by" my office.

I took a break around lunch time to go to the gym for 45 minutes. I typically stick to the treadmill, bike, elliptical and sometime use the stair climber up on the cardio deck. Well the last few times I have gone to the gym, I have been eyeing the stair master down by the weights. You know the one that looks like this where the stairs actually move.

Let's just say it KICKED MY BUTT! Even after using a short period of time, it made my heart rate stay up the entire workout. It definitely will be added to the rotation!

Dinner tonight was a Spaghetti  Squash and Chicken Dish. I made a few changes: I skipped the peas and added cut asparagus. I didn't have Sun dried tomatoes so I used fresh roasted tomatoes instead. I used half the chicken broth and sauteed the chicken (raw) as I didn't have any leftover grilled. Then added everything else once the chicken was cooked. I then added 1/4 cup Newman's Own garlic Alfredo sauce. It was AWESOME!

All the laundry is done and put away. Lunch is made. Plans for tonight include the Bachelorette and my favorite summer snack...Cherries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code