Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor filled Labor Day Weekend

Don't you just LOVE three day weekends? That extra day makes such a difference! If I had the choice, I would work four 10-hour days to always have a three day weekend.

Tim and I didn't really have too much on the agenda for the weekend. Friday night we had an impromptu date night and went to our favorite sushi restaurant: Mikes Sushi and Sake Bar. We then went to Macy's to shop for the husband. He has lost close to 20 pounds over the summer and needed some smaller pants. Macy's had an awesome Labor Day Sale where the men's dress pants were buy one get one free. Between the sale and my Macy's coupons, we got 5 pairs of pants for under $100.

Saturday we made a list of all the projects that needed to be finished up over the weekend. I did the laundry, Tim did the lawn. I weeded and... we FINISHED the backsplash. I also made an awesome dinner of homemade Bang Bang Shrimp and roasted brussel sprouts.

Sunday was the errand day: church, Target, Publix and shoe shopping. After coming home, unpacking everything and having lunch, we decided to go look at a couple of thrift stores nearby. Two out of the three were closed so we headed over to a large Goodwill that we have had a lot of luck at in the past. We left empty handed..nothing stood out to us this time. The rest of the evening was spent cleaning out drawers and closets.

Today was super productive. I was at Lowe's by 7 am picking up a few items to finish off two projects. I chopped fruit for the week, made a homemade soup and rearranged some things around the house. I swore to myself I would tackle my embarrassingly large "to be ironed pile" but I am slowly losing momentum!
Tuesdays are the longest day of the week for me due to a late standing appointment with a client. I plan to made Beef Fajitas in the crock-pot so that dinner is ready when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code