Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Decor

The weekend following Thanksgiving, we take the Christmas Decorations down from the attic and begin the process of decorating the house. Tim, as usual, has outdoor duty while I am responsible for indoor decorations. Well, Tim beat me this year! While I started decorating the house the weekend after Thanksgiving, I dragged it out a little more than usual!

I am happy to report that everything is now decorated. One of my favorite part's of Christmas is having the Christmas tree be the only source of light in a room. I love the ambiance.
I stuck with the Silver and Gold theme.

Aside from the tree, I hang our stockings from the bookshelves since we do not a fireplace in this house. I never got around to having the stockings embroidered last year and now I am not sure that I will. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a cute idea. So now I am on the hunt for some cute initial ornaments!
I keep the table pretty basic: silver and gold place mats along with a silver centerpiece. I LOVE the flame less candles!
The bowl on top of the wine rack gets filled with silver and gold ornaments.
I switch out the wreath on the front door and add something Christmasy to the planter. Last year it was spray painted pine cones, this year... more silver and gold ornaments!

This weekend we received our first two Christmas cards. So I turned to my friend Pinterest and searched for ways to display Christmas cards. I wanted something inexpensive (it is the Holiday season after all) and easy to make. I liked the idea of this and this. So I picked up a cheap sign (around $7 at Joann's) and attached some ribbon from my stash. Instant card holder.
LOVED that someone mailed me a dachshund Christmas card! 
Oh and my other favorite part of Christmas: The outside of the house! We have some reindeer in the front yard but it is too hard to get them all in one shot!
Having a festive house definitely helps you get into the Christmas spirit! I am about 85% done shopping and hope to finish up this weekend! Now if only we would get some cooler weather...

Oh and the dogs are also "decorated"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code