Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fence Install

Last Thursday the new fence was installed. I worked from home so that I could keep an eye on things and make sure I liked it. Two installers from Westcoast Fence showed up around 10am. Since all the fence removal and prep work was done, they were able to get right to work installing the vinyl fencing.

The dogs drove me crazy barking all day. I ended up putting them in the master bedroom where they could not see the installers at all! When they left for lunch, I snuck outside and snapped two pictures of the progress.
View from my neighbors driveway. 

Front view after halfway through the install 
I really liked how everything was coming along. They returned around 2pm as they were short one panel and had to make a trip back to the main office. They left shortly after 4pm, leaving me with this:
View from my driveway

View from my street. 

At first I was very unsure about the gate. In my head I just assumed it would not be that tall. However, once I started thinking about it, I realized why they did it and how silly it would look if it was shorter. It has been almost a week and it is starting to grow on me. I like the extra privacy and I like being able to let the dogs run around out there.

So this completes the fencing stage of this project. Next step: deciding what to do with the floor!

Oh, and here is the before and after.


1 comment:

  1. Vinyl and wood fences are among the most popular choices as both offer unique and appealing advantages.

    Vinyl Fences

    ReplyDelete

End of code