Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Sunday

The past two Sundays have been very unproductive. Actually, unproductive is an understatement. They have been lazy. Last Sunday, I did not get out of pajamas the entire day. Its bad. So with losing an hour of sleep due to Day Light Savings, my expectations for today were not too high. While the morning got off to a slow start, it quickly turned around!

We had our first big rain since the tile installation and realized we had a drainage issue. So around 11 today, the problem with solved by drilling a few drainage holes into the half brick wall with the largest drill bit known to man.
We marked the areas with pencil after the rain so we could come back and drill where the water was pooling.


Since the weather was PERFECT today, Tim decided to go fishing for a bit while I got a head start on food prep for the week. In addition to washing and chopping all the fruit. I also made roasted brussel spouts and a pinterest find, Balsamic Rosemary Butternut Squash. I typically buy squash whole at the produce stand but I was in Sam's Club the other day and they had 2.5 pounds of peeled and cubed Butternut Squash for $4.50. Let's just say convenience won.


I have also been dying to try this Crockpot Tomato Basil Soup I found on Pinterest. I went through the first 23 years of life declaring I hated tomato soup because I hate tomatoes. It just seemed like a logical conclusion. Now I feel like I am making up for lost time. It has quickly become one of my favorite soups (Especially Panera's). Tim on the other hand isn't a huge fan. So I made the patch for lunch this week. I was nervous about how "chunky" the soup would be with all the vegetables but it ended up being fine and DELICIOUS!

This isn't the best picture.. It looks much more appealing in person! 


Not only did I tackle my regular Sunday cleaning projects (laundry, change bed sheets, etc) I tried a few I Pinterest cleaning ideas. I used this method to clean my dishwasher. After that I was on a roll. Next up Microwave. I used this method. Super easy:  1.5 cups vinegar, .5 cup water. Heat in microwave 5 minutes. Wipe clean.
Success! 


I also noticed that a few of our bath towels and our gym towels had the "funky towel smell". I remembered pinning something about that a while back. I ran the towels through a hot cycle with soap and vinegar in the rinse cycle. Then a second cycle with baking soda ( as outlined here). Totally did the trick.

The rest of my night consists of grilling steaks and Sunday night TV. Revenge and Red Widow anyway? Last weeks opener has me hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code