Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 38

+ Week 38 has been a bit of a challenge. It is hard to get comfortable and when I do, I have to go to the bathroom every 1.5-2 hours! I also feel puffy so I am sure I must look it.

+ I know pregnant women always complain about the comments they receive. Some women get comments like " Are you sure there is only one in there"? I on the other hand receive the comment  " There is no way you are due in two weeks, you are too small". This isn't just once or twice either. Its pretty much every single time I go out in public. Some people have no filter.

+ In other news, I was checked this week at my 38 week appointment. While I am "not dilated", baby girl's head is supposedly " right there" and my cervix is thin. She anticipates that I will still pregnant this Thursday at my 39 week check and I am starting to agree with her. However, she said if I am not dilated this week we will need to discuss our options. I have a feeling they will try to get me to go ahead and schedule my induction for 41 weeks, regardless.

+ Its been really hard to plan for work. I always said I would " work until the end" assuming I felt fine. And since I really haven't had too many complaints this pregnancy this hasn't been an issue. But I am finding that now I am in this weird limbo. I hate to schedule appointments outside the office or make promises to outside providers who don't know I am pregnant, for fear of not being able to keep the commitment. For example, I am scheduled with one provider for a meeting Thursday.... in Bradenton... I have major anxiety about being that far away while we are in single digits till baby's due date. I have asked for them to allow me to conference in so we will see...

+ Tim and I put out the sleeper and the swing this weekend in an attempt to get the dogs use to things. Lola is afraid of the sleep and tries to tip-toe quietly past it. I am so curious to see how my pups are going to adapt to having a little one in the house!

+ I hope in my week 39 post I can say " Charlotte was born"... Wishful thinking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code