Saturday, July 16, 2016

DIY Essential Oil Storage Cabinet

When I first got my Essential Oil Starter Kit, I stored my oils in their original packaging in a storage bucket in our hall linen closet. It was fine in the beginning but as I began to use the oils more, I wanted to be able to access them more easily. I was looking on Pinterest and found this idea from Barefoot in Bluejeans who adapted a project from Ana-white.com to work as a nail polish cabinet. I thought it would be PERFECT to adapt the measurements to work as a storage cabinet for my oils.

The Ana- White website gives the plans to make a jewelry cabinet. She provides a shopping list and all. We followed her technique with regard to the assembly, the only thing we changed were the measurements. I had a small bathroom wall that I wanted to use the cabinet on. I am always at a loss on what type of "decorations" to hang in a bathroom- so normally function wins out!

We purchased the wood, handle and hinges. I already has all the other materials at the house. Our local Lowes, only sold the type of hinges we needed in gold. So I simply sprayed everything with some Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray paint before assembling.


My overall measurements are 15.5w by 20 H. I added 4 small shelves inside to fit both my oil bottles and roller bottles. To get these measurements for the overall size we used the following dimensions for our cuts:

Door- 2- 18.25 inch and 2- 9 inch
Cabinet- 2- 20 inch and 2- 14 inch
Shelves- 1.5 inch deep by 13.75.

I sanded everything down. I recommend sanding and painting or staining the back BEFORE attaching it. Once everything was dry, we used a staple gun to attach the chicken wire to the front of the door. Then we attached the door with the hinges and added the handle.

PERFECT storage for my oils! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code