Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pinterest Project Fail

All our house hardware is Oil Rubbed Bronze (ORB). I love it. We even switched out the guest bath faucet to ORB. So when I saw this picture on Pinterest, I was sold.  Since I have an ORB addiction, I already had a bottle of spray paint on hand. All I had to do was wait till I finished the next bottle of hand soap. Plus, I am super cheap and did not want to buy an ORB soap dispenser...plus those things always clog anyway!

On a side spray paint note: I always thought spray paint was spray paint and opted for the cheapest can at Lowes. Well let me just say that after trying Rustoleum's universal spray paint in Metallic ORB, I no longer subscribe to that mentality! It's amazing! It may cost more but you use WAY less because it covers in one coat.

My plan was to spray paint this old Bath and Body works soap bottle and then make my own Natural foaming hand soap.
Can you spot another project in the background?


So I spray painted:


It was super windy out and I has to improvise on how to dry the bottle properly:


I opted for a chip clip on my laundry drying rack.
 And ended up with a nice looking final product:





Then what I was fearful of all along occurred:


 The paint chipped off with the first pump of the handle. I was wondering how the paint would withstand the motion but didn't like the idea of leaving this part unpainted. Oh well. The project cost $0 so its no real loss. I may just have to splurge for a real ORB soap dispenser!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code