Monday, February 20, 2012

Running like the Wind?

 Do you like my Marshall Tucker Band reference as the title of this post? My dad was/is a huge fan so I grew up listening to their music. But I digress...

Ever since the new year, I have been making a more conscious effort to be more active. So far, I have been doing pretty well! I have been wanting to start jogging/running again as it has been quite a while. Well, last week I got new running shoes and started running using the Couch to 5k Treadmill Program. Last week was great! I ran 4 days, three on the treadmill and one outside.  I must admit, I don't love running outside, I prefer the gym at this point.
Yesterday started week 2 and I was able to talk the husband into going to the gym with me.Since leaving my position at the church in January, I have consistently gone to the gym every Sunday after church and it is easily my favorite day of the week to workout. I feel like it starts the week out on a positive note. Its also amazing how much more I get done on Sunday's now that I am no longer working in the nursery. Anyway, since we kind of rushed out the door to the gym yesterday, I didn't have a chance to review the workout schedule before going. I decided to run anyway using a run for 1.5 minutes, walk 1.5 minutes principle. It felt good. When I came home and checked the schedule, it is actually the routine for Week 3 which puts me a week ahead! Yesterday, after my run, I also did 20 minutes of lower body weights and I am feeling it today! I decided to take today off from the gym and pick up again tomorrow when some of this soreness is gone!

While I have not registered for a running event, I would like to start small with a 5K. I am hoping to get Tim on board with this too but right now I am lucky if I can talk him into going to the gym. I am by no means "Running like the wind" but I am proud of my progress and consistency thus far!

Oh and I have to share. I made this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING! I lightened it up with low fat cheese, whole wheat stuffing ( I used Aldi brand), lean bacon and reduced fat ranch!  I also did not use the whole box of stuffing and doubled the broccoli ( I used fresh and it steamed well in the foil pouch). So yummy and luckily there are leftovers for tomorrows lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code