Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shed Project Phase 1

Ever since Tim and I moved into our house last March, we had plans of putting a shed in the backyard. I was only able to park my car in the garage for 1 week before we started collecting materials for the shed in our garage. My dad works for this local company called Structall so we used their panels to make the shed. My dad was really the brains behind this project. Fast forward 1 year later and we are almost done with the shed project!

Since we were collecting our materials from scraps, it took a while to gather the materials. We started constructing the actual shed the last weekend in January. Phase one was to build a frame out of plywood for the shed to sit on. Since Tim was at a training, my dad and I took off to Lowe's to purchase supplies and quickly put together this platform on my back patio.
The worst part was having to help him carry this across the backyard.



Then my job was to run weed guard along the edges as it would be near impossible to get any type of lawn equipment back there. Plus, we planned to just throw mulch down anyway.
 Luckily, Tim came home at this point and was able to take over. He and my dad spent 1/2 day Saturday and the majority of the day Sunday adding the walls and the roof. 



By the end of the weekend, we had a legitimate shed!
The next weekend was spent adding the door and a lock.
We my also add a window in the door at some point.
And my favorite part...a window!
That basically sums up phase one of the shed project. Tim and I completed Phase 2: Landscaping this past weekend. And of course since my husband and my father are involved Phase 3 is adding electricity to the shed..so that they can add a TV! I personally do not feel this is necessary but there is no reasoning with either of them when it comes to electronics. I choose my battles :)

Budget Breakdown for phase 1: $136. Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code