Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recipe FAIL!

I stayed home from work today because my allergies were really bothering me (like eyes swollen shut bothering me). I decided to make something easy for dinner and decided to make Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread. There are recipes for this all over google but I followed this one I found on Pinterest.

Typically, I would make my own whole wheat dough but for convenience sake, tonight I opted for a pre-made pizza dough from the Publix bakery. I followed the recipe down to the letter, only I added some raw onions before rolling up the dough.
Raw bread, rolled up and ready for the oven.


The recipe said to cook on 425 for 20-25 mins. This is where the FAIL comes in. The bottom of my bread was BLACK after 20 minutes. I took it out to find the middle dough still raw. I tried cooking it longer but since the outside was fully cooked, things were cooking very un-proportionally!
We were able to eat it so it wasn't a completed waste (we just ate the outer layer). The flavor was good the cooking method just needs some adjustments! This would also be AWESOME to make with BBQ chicken and cheddar/colby combo!

2 comments:

  1. I make this all the time with Publix pizza dough! Sometimes I do buffalo chicken or pizza or Mexican (shredded chicken, black beans, corn, cheese...whatever). I follow the cooking instructions on the pizza dough (I think it's 350?) and just take it out when the top looks done. You have to roll in out really thin to get it to bake through, and I've found that making a braid makes it cook more evenly too :)

    ReplyDelete

End of code