Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Closet upgrade in under 5 minutes

Since the back bedroom is becoming the nursery(more on that here), Tim and I have to address everything we have stored in those two closets over the past two years.



One of the issues is we do not have a hanging bar in the guest room closet. And because we had the empty back bedroom, we forgot about it.  Now that we are in clean out mode, we decided to fix the issue. The guest room closet at one point did have a rod, as evident but the holder marks on either side of the closet.
So I went to Lowe's and spent around $15 on two items:  White plastic Closet Rod socker and an expandable closet rod. 




















Tim was working on another project and this was a one (wo)man job. I used simply attached the sockets inside the existing marks, since this clear was a good height for the rod at some point.

Ajusted the length of my bar to the wideth of the closet and attached the bar through the middle support bracket.


It seriously took my less than five minutes...which is good considering how much longer than expected it is taking to clean out those closets in the back bedroom! I am trying to get rid of as much as possible and took a few items to Clothes Mentor the other day as well. Unfortunatley, my husband is a pack rat. Anyone have any ideas on how to convince him he does not NEED to keep a 5 gallon Rubbermaid container full of empty CD cases? Cause I am at a loss....

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code