Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Random Thoughts


+ The puppy, Lily, consistently wakes up early. After waking me up at 6:15 am each and every morning over the holiday weekend, the past two mornings she has slept till 7:15! I am hopefully that this will last. However, I have decided if she returns to the 6:15 wake-up calls, I am going to try to embrace it and go for a walk BEFORE work.

+ My husband told me this morning that it takes me longer to decide what shoes to wear then it does for me to pick out an outfit. This made me smile because it is 100% true: I LOVE shoes!

+ We have been rocking the workouts lately! Yes, you read that correctly, WE. Tim and I have gotten into a pretty good gym routine. Last week I worked out 5 days and this week I already squeezed in 4 workouts! I really want to register for a couple of 5K’s to help on the motivation front. I am considering the Color Run this December.

+ How is it almost June?

+ Last night, we had a swarm of flies in the house. We have no idea how they got in the house. The dogs were going crazy. Tim and I think it may have had something to do with the rainy weather? We walked around the house swatting flies for a good 30 minutes before heading out the gym. I am happy to report that we got them all. While we were grossed out about the flies, we also laughed hysterically at ourselves afterward. FYI: I am FAR superior at fly swatting then my husband! On a more serious note, it is moments like these that I feel so blessed to be married to a man who makes me laugh each and every day. 

+ I tried something new for dinner tonight, A Kale and Sweet Potato Fritatta. I got the inspiration from a new blog I discovered, Peanut Butter Fingers. I added a bit of cheese and spices and served it with a side of fruit, Strawberries and Pineapple. I liked it. Tim wasn't impressed. I think it was the Kale that he disliked. He dipped it in ketchup but I don't think I will be able to make it for him again. The good news is I have enough leftovers for two lunches. 
+ I am trying to fight off a cold. A sore throat came on me out of no where tonight. I had fresh pineapple with dinner ( Am I the only one that believes in this old wives tale?), lemon and honey tea and some Alieve. I am hoping a good night sleep will help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code