Sunday, May 6, 2012

Who doesn't love Ikea?

Yesterday was my birthday. Tim and I went out with some friends for sushi Friday night but yesterday was pretty low key. My dad helped us finish up two larger projects around the house (I will post about it tomorrow). We were so exhausted when we got done yesterday that we decided to hold off on the birthday events until today. We had lunch at the original Columbia in Ybor City. Its amazing how much culture is in that small city! I indulged on their amazing sangria and one-of-a-kind "1905 salad"...oh and hot Cuban bread, way to much hot Cuban bread.

Next it was off to Ikea, since its about 2 blocks away. No one went for anything in particular, we just wanted to browse. Well my browsing resulted in my spending about $80. Here is what we got:

I picked up two of these Dofta potpourri boxes. They were $4.99/ each. I originally only had one in the cart but decided to run back at the last minute for a second, SO glad I did.


My mom had gotten me this cool Stokholm bowl a couple of months back and honestly, it has been sitting in my guest room.  
 When I saw the Dofta box in teal, I decided it would look great in our Family Room/Office.
I was right! :)

We also got some random kitchen items:
An ice cub tray ($1- which I am currently using to make Disposal Cleaner), a rolling pin ( Confession: I have totally been using a soup can to roll dough for homemade tortillas and pizza), two of these BPA free jars ( I already use one for my pasta but wanted two more for flour), a two pack of red funnels (unpictured- $.99 for my laundry soap making) and a pack of dry erase markers for the husband. Oh and he also got a 6-pack of these fun beer glasses for $10.
Immediately upon walking into the store I scooped up this small white pot ($1.99) and artificial plant ($3.99) which are now living on the storage cabinet behind the toilet in the guest bath. I love how the white ceramic pot mimics the detail in the Wainscoting

And lastly, I found this 24" Havtorn Farm floor vase. I have been hunting for a large standing vase for the corner of the guest room but refused to pay $40 which seemed to be the going rate at Homegoods and Joann's. This one was much more reasonable priced at $24.99. I got the simple white sticks (similar to this for $5.99) to go in the vase but I will be whipping out the spray paint shortly! 

While I didn't anticipate spending $80, its amazing how much you can get for your money at Ikea. Oh, and extra discounts if you are a member of their "Ikea Family" Program. 
Sadly,this ends my birthday festivities and closes out the weekend. It's back to the grind tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code