Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dining Room Inspiration


Lately I have been itching to make some changes in the dining room. We have only lived here a little over a year… I know, it is an addiction.

I love the color of our dining room. It’s a nice green and it really pops with the white crown and dark furniture.  However, it does not pop with the white tile floors.  So I have been looking for an area rug for under the table for the past, I don’t know, 15 months? I am picky and nothing seemed to stand out to me. So I sort of gave up.

Then I saw this light at Lowes. I loved it and it was so much better than what we currently have:
Old light (which has paint splatters from our "flipper".)

So I cashed in some credit card points for a Lowe’s gift card and used a $10 off $50 Lowe’s coupon to purchase the light. This has now been sitting in my garage for 2 months :( 

Then in the midst of my parent’s kitchen makeover, I was at Home Depot picking out a paint color. It happens to be next to the flooring department where they had a large selection of area rugs. I spotted this guy. I liked him but wasn’t sure Tim would be sold. I snapped a picture to show him when I got home and he too agreed it might work.
So here is rough draft of what I am thinking. Pardon the poor quality. I really am trying to get better with Photoshop!



I found the shelf inspiration on Pinterest from IheartOrganizing. And we could definitely use the wine glass storage to free up some cabinet space. The monogram is cut from the aisle runner at our wedding and is already framed and hanging in the room. I must say it is one of my favorite things in the house. 

Add mini dining room makeover to the 2012 "to do" list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code