Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mini Guest Bath Makeover

I did a few quick updates to the guest bathroom the weekend before last. I took several pictures while doing so and realized that I have never shared pictures of the room. So without further ado...

This is the bathroom on move-in day.


Side note: it is REALLY difficult to take good pictures of the bathroom due to the small space and layout.



We installed the over the toilet cabinet when we moved in for extra storage

My dad helped with installing wainscoting 




One of my favorite things in this bathroom is that they used granite slabs for the tub ledge and window sill, as seen below. 
I believe they used remnants from my counter installation. 
 My other favorite thing is the ORB faucet and how much better it looks compared to its chrome counterpart.
                                       


So onto the updates. Both the bathrooms and the kitchen in our house have Tray ceilings. With the white Wainscoting it was just too bland for my taste and I started thinking about painting the drop down portion a different color.

 I bought a small test pot of gray paint at Lowe's in Coastal Jetty and thought I would try things out. If I hated it, all I needed was some white paint to make it go away!

See that ugly light? That's the second part of this update. I saw this light at Lowe's:

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the off white shade but I really loved the shape and thought something like this would like great in the tray ceiling. It was about $58 so we decided we would give it a go. Here is what the ceiling looks like now:

It actually did require two coats of paint.  


And with the light on. 

The whole mini update took about an hour and around $62 ( light and test pot of paint). The room feels so much more complete.... with the shower curtain closed that is! I have two more things I want to tackle in this room before it is officially DONE! 

I would really like to replace this recessed can in the shower with an ORB light. Maybe spray paint? Although I don't think recessed cans are too expensive to replace. 

While I did get around to replacing the faucet... I never addressed the shower fixture behind the curtain. I would really like to get something detachable since this is the only tub in the house and therefore will be used with the baby. 

But for now, I will just keep the curtain closed :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code