Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 17: It's a...

+ My belly continues to grow! I am almost exclusively wearing maternity pants.

+ This Saturday, Tim and I decided to go get an elective ultrasound to find out Baby H's gender. It ended up being quite the ordeal! We had a 3pm appointment which we were a little late for because we had trouble finding the suite. The tech was very nice and spent a lot of time with us, however baby would not cooperate: legs crossed the whole time. She asked us to come back at 5pm and gave me instructions to drink, drink, drink until I came back. We arrived back at 5pm and I ended up having to wait till 5:30 because she was running behind. By this time, I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. Again, baby was not in position. She asked me what I drank and when I said water, she told me to go ahead and run to the bathroom and then come back. She handed me a mini can of coke to drink. Immediately, baby started moving and we got our "potty shots".



+ While Tim and I found out the gender Saturday, we did not tell anyone till Sunday. We had our family over and ordered a gender reveal cake. It turned out so much better than I was expecting.
We let both of our moms cut the cake from opposite sides. Lots of screaming and jumping ensued! Because it's a...GIRL!
+ It almost feels unreal! While I had no "gut instinct" either way, I was ready to hear boy so was pleasantly surprised. I am going to be completely honest here and say that I am hesitant to get to excited because what if it changes at my anatomy scan? I know the likelihood of that happening is rare but I also know it is a common fear among girl moms. I have also googled images of other girl ultrasounds "just to be sure". It has been confirmed by three techs so you think that would calm my fears a little but... I guess I am just a worrier! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code