Friday, June 14, 2013

Everything is Breaking!

So, I think I jinxed myself! I mentioned here that we still had one more door to replace in the house but weren't in any huge rush. Well, the door decided to give up on me the other night. I went outside to take the recycling out to the curb and the bottom of the door literally fell out.
 Upon closer inspection, I realized the whole thing was completely rotting and peeling off. My dad has been SO busy and unfortunately, this door is going to be a challenge to replace so this isn't something I feel comfortable doing alone. I picked out a door and contacted Lowe's about installing it... they charge double the price of the door for install. It KILLS me to pay for labor!


Oh and the door isn't the only thing happening on that side of the house. The other morning, I woke up to this.
My side gate literally fell off the side of the house! I think it happened because the lock fell off and the gate swung too far inward with the wind and ripped itself off the wall. It also took a nice chunk of stucco with it! Nothing that can't be fixed :)


Doing my mini guest bath makeover inspired me to switch out the shower fixture. Only things are never as straightforward as they seem. That being said, my guest bath shower currently has no water and looks like this.
I will share more about this little adventure once things are all wrapped up. It has been quite the eventful week over here. I am hoping I have had my fair share and things will calm down. Needless to say, you know what I will be doing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code