Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pinterest Project: Holder for Charging Iphone

I have been a bit obsessed with Pinterest these days. Last weekend, I set off to my local Joann Fabrics to purchase supplies to make three projects I "pinned". It is small in the grand scheme of pinning I have been doing, but made me feel accomplished nonetheless. The first project was the Phone charger holder. Original Inspiration picture posted  by MakeitAndLoveIt

 

I started with an empty bottle of Nivea lotion that I had just finished. I cut in down, unsure of how much to take off. (FYI: cutting the bottle was the most difficult part!)

This was the outlet I had in mind for my new holder. Its right next to the cabinet in the kitchen (where I spend a good deal of time after work...)

 I marked off where I wanted the front pocket to be. I just used a sharpie and a ruler.

 This were things started to look a little rough...I don't know if it was the type of bottle I used but it was HARD to cut, let alone cut straight!

I did not have any sandpaper and Lowe's was closed. I used a nail file. It worked very well and really helped clean things up!

There are many different types of Mod Podge, I already had the Fabric kind from another project.




I just purchased a single Quilter's Square for $1 at JoAnn's. Just one of these will give you enough fabric for two of these!
Coat in Modge Podge and wrap fabric

The Finished product!

I am happy with the way it turned out but would do a few things differently next time. I think it would be better with a deeper bottle (given the depth of the Iphone/Ipod plug). If I use another Nivea bottle, I would leave some more height to it, just to make more room for the plug and the phone to fit. I do have plans to make another one. Even the husband was impressed with how it turned out!

Project #2 tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It has been on my list of pinned things to actually do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- I made another one the other day but left it taller so things weren't as snug. SO much better and has been used everyday this week!

    ReplyDelete

End of code