Sunday, July 28, 2013

Some Progress

We have slowly been adding one or two things to the nursery each week.... well at least trying to! After we finished the Crown, my next project was to find curtains. This ended up being a fairly annoying process. I purchased the Dahlia pink bedding from Pottery Barn Kids which I love. I knew their "bright pink" window panels would match but they didn't sell them in stores. So I thought I would try to find blackout panels at a few local stores first.

My first attempt was Bed, Bath and Beyond. I was surprised to find they actually did have several different pink colored black out panels in store. Unfortunately, they don't sell them online but they were $24/panel before my coupon. I purchased one to try it and it was too magenta so back to the store it went.

The next day, I stopped by Babies R Us to see what they had. Luckily, this time I brought a crib sheet with me to color match. I found the PERFECT match...
They are the Sweet Dreams Twill Window panel in Bright Pink. All of the Sweet Dreams panels come in either 63 or 84 inch length... except the Bright Pink, that only comes in 63 inches. So unfortunately, this went back to the store as well. I will say, I thought $39.99 for one panel was a bit steep!

So after checking JcPenny, Sears and Buy Buy Baby, I finally just ordered the original curtains I liked from Pottery Barn Kids. Like I said, I originally wanted a curtain with a blackout liner but at PBK's that meant I was paying $59 for one panel. I decided that since I already had blinds on the window I would just get the traditional Sailcloth panel without the blackout liner. That brought the price down to $29/panel. I am SO glad I did not spend the extra money on this as the curtains are nice and thick and the blackout is not needed at all!

I picked up some Oil Rubbed Bronze curtain rods,rings, and tie backs at Kohls with some coupons I had. They also had a buy one get one for $1 sale so I really didn't end up spending much on that.


We also picked up some raw wood shelves at Hobby Lobby. Tim stained them to match the dark wood in the dresser and crib.
While staining them was not a problem, hanging them was a quite the project! Floating shelves always have the same hanging mechanism which is never spaced evenly or centered leading to unlevel shelves. After some trial and error measurements, we finally had shelves!

The only other thing to get accomplished to date are two pictures we hung up Friday night. I picked up two 11X14 white frames at Joann's last weekend. They were matted to fit 8x10 prints and on sale for 50% off plus an extra 25% off during their coupon commotion sale. So both frames with tax were under $20. I then ordered these prints from PrintsbyChristine on Etsy.

We hung them on either side of the dresser/changing table.
Still have quite a things to get/do. I think my last "Big" purchase will be an area rug which has been an ongoing issue for me the past few weeks ( post to come). Everything else is minor so we are on our way to completion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code